I was trying to re-create a Groupwise account this morning, and was having great difficulty in changing its FID per TID 3801441. Here’s what Novell’s instructions are as of today, January 27 2009:
Follow these steps to create a new user with a specified FID number.
First you will need to create a new user account in GroupWise using any user name / user ID you choose. You may already have the NDS user account and do not have to delete this account but rather just add a GroupWise account to it. If the NDS user already has a GroupWise account you can either disassociate the GroupWise account from it of delete just the GroupWise account from the NDS user.
Do not log in to the account via the GroupWise client. Follow the steps below before allowing the user to log in to GroupWise in order to change the FID of the existing user to a specified FID
To change the FID for the user:
1. Open the properties of new GroupWise users account in ConsoleOne, click the arrow on the GroupWise tab and choose account, note the users current FID in the middle of the GroupWise account page. Click on the ‘Page options‘ button in the lower left hand corner.
2. In the “Tabs and Pages” window expand the ‘GroupWise‘ heading and choose Account. Highlight account and click the Disablebutton. Save the setting and exit the GroupWise users account by selectingOK/OK. This disables the GroupWise account Tab and moves the GroupWise information to the Other Tab where we later are able to modify the FID.
3. Close the GroupWise users account (Cancel or X) and then re-open it. Go to the Other Tab and the GroupWise attributes are listed as ‘Leftover attributes that are not handled by custom pages‘.
4. Click On the NGW: File ID attribute and Edit it to the specified FID / three unique characters / letters or numbers and then save by clicking ok.
5. Now go back in to the ‘Page options‘ button in the lower left hand corner from step #1 and enable the GroupWise account options you previously disabled.
6. Close and re-open the GroupWise users account and note the FID on the GroupWise account tab has been changed to the FID you specified.