I sure hope I don’t jinx myself for considering this issue resolved…
My five Windows 2003 R2 SP2 / Groupwise 7.0.3HP1 servers have each been receiving the following errors since they were migrated from the Netware operating system back in December of 2008:
Event ID: 1000 Source: Application Error
The event 1000 would result in the POA service stopping. I was able to temporarily minimize the impact of the POA stoppage by running the POA as a service and having it’s recovery options set to restart the service ater the failure was detected by the OS.
I noticed that the Groupwise 7 SP3 Hot Patch 2 contained an updated gwwww1a.dll, but this particular issue was not listed as a fix in the change log. I had been hesitant to apply GW703HP2 because it caused a great headache when I applied it to my GWIA server. I finally decided to try HP2 on my post office servers, and was plesantly suprised to find it (seemingly) has resolved my POA crash issue! I’ll post back if I find varied results, or new issues caused by this hot patch.