As an administrator, follow these steps to delegate administrative rights to Windows Media Services Web Administration to non-admins. This has been tested on a server running Windows Server 2008.
1. Create a local, non-administrator group that is named WMS Local Administrators on the server computer that is running Windows Media Services. Add the user account that you want to delegate the administration task to to this newly created local group
2. Click Start > Run
3. Type dcomcnfg
4. Expand Console Root > Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
5. Right Click Windows Media Services > Properties > Security
6. Edit Access Permissions and add the WMS Local Administrators group to the Access Permission list
7. Click OK twice and close the DCOMcnfg box
8. Restart the Windows Media Services service
You should now be able to access the Windows Media Services Web administration tool at http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:8080 by using the user account that is the member of the WMS Local Administrators group, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the Windows Media Services web server.